Tuesday, August 6, 2013

We support Bill for Sheriff



My name is Bill Evans and I am a candidate for Cook County Sheriff in 2014.

I have been a sworn member of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office for 21 years and have served in a number of capacities during my tenure.  I began my career as a Cook County correctional officer and subsequently became a sheriff’s police officer in 1992.  During my career as a county police officer, I have served the agency with distinction and honor, accumulating a number of department citations, awards, and letters of appreciation, as well as other distinguished honors.

As a sheriff’s police officer, I have been assigned to the patrol division, the gang crimes unit, the Hostage Barricade Terrorist Team, the Field Training Program and the Special Operations Group.  I have proudly served every position from patrol officer to sergeant to lieutenant to commanding officer.  I have been involved in a number of sensitive investigations, covert assignments, and nearly 1,000 critical incidents.

Additionally, I have had the honor of representing my organization as a member of the South Suburban Association of Chiefs of Police, The Illinois Tactical Officer’s Association, The South Suburban Emergency Response Team and the Urban Area Security Initiative. I also have written and had published a number of law enforcement articles.  I have served as a consultant to local schools regarding safety matters and I have provided instruction to law enforcement officers and citizens at a local, national and international level.

I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in sociology in 1989 and a master’s degree in criminal justice in 1995.  I am a 2005 graduate of the prestigious Northwestern University School of Police Staff and Command.  I am currently studying toward a second master’s degree in leadership studies.

As a former professional boxer, I now serve as a volunteer boxing coach, working primarily with children and young adults.  I am also an active member of a number of not-for-profit organizations, including the Beverly Ridge Homeowner’s Association and the Mercy Home for Boys and Girls.  I currently serve on the Criminal Justice Advisory Board for a local college. I believe it is time for a career law enforcement officer to serve as our sheriff.  I am not a politician, which I believe will be a refreshing change to the citizens of Cook County.
ShareThis
- See more at: http://www.electbillevans.com/index.php/about-me#sthash.6FHwfM6E.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment