Sarge's videos

Loading...

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sarge's dumest criminal's

<b><big>Charge: Aggravated battery to a police officer</big></b><br><a href="http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/redeye-haunted-house-attendees-accused-of-assault-disorderly-conduct-20131021,0,7594535.story"target="_blank">Read more>></a>

 Carlos Rivera

( Chicago Police Department photo / October 21, 2013 )
Charge: Aggravated battery to a police officer
 
 
 
<b><big>Charge: Animal torture and aggravated cruelty to animals</big></b><br><a href="http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-man-accused-of-fatally-stabbing-sisters-dog-held-on-150k-bail-20131020,0,3376136.story"target="_blank">Read more>></a>

Andres F. Duran

( Cook County Sheriff's Office photo / October 21, 2013 )
Charge: Animal torture and aggravated cruelty to animals
Read more>>


<b><big>Charge: Battery, robbery of a handicapped person, aggravated battery of a police officer and aggravated battery of a person over the age of 60</big></b><br><a href="http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-man-held-on-150k-accused-of-attacking-good-samaritan-20131013,0,2317963.story"target="_blank">Read more>></a>

Freddy Feliciano

( Chicago Police Department photo / October 13, 2013 )
Charge: Battery, robbery of a handicapped person, aggravated battery of a police officer and aggravated battery of a person over the age of 60
Read more>>
<b><big>Charge: Simple assault and impersonation of a police officer</big></b><br><a href="http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/redeye-man-impersonated-police-officer-during-road-rage-prosecutors-20131011,0,462673.story"target="_blank">Read more>></a>

 Nathaniel Henry

( Chicago Police Department photo / October 11, 2013 )
Charge: Simple assault and impersonation of a police officer
Read more>>
 
 

Officer Richard Francis' s murder finaly goes to trial

An attorney for a woman on trial in the slaying of a Chicago police officer in 2008 suggested Monday that the shooting was accidental, telling jurors that the officer's gun went off as the two wrestled after the officer body-slammed her.Assistant Public Defender Brendan Max repeatedly described his client, Robin Johnson, as "distressed and confused" at the time and said surveillance video would show that it was not her intention to kill the 27-year veteran officer."You'll be able to tell that nobody grabbed anyone's gun," Max said during the opening statements. "At the most what happened here was the struggle for a gun."Officer Richard Francis, 60, was shot in the head on the morning of July 2 as he investigated complaints that Johnson had been harassing a passenger aboard a CTA bus less than a block from the old Belmont District station at Belmont and Western avenues. Francis was patrolling the streets alone that night.The first witness called by the prosecution, the driver of the CTA bus, said she saw the officer grab the woman as she tried to walk away, both fell to the ground and then she saw a muzzle flash."I panicked and screamed," Tracey Jackson testified, dabbing at tears in her eyes.Another witness, Jennifer Orze, who was in her car at the time of the shooting at about 2 a.m., testified she saw the officer atop a woman as the two struggled.Cook County prosecutors also played the emergency dispatch call in which an officer at the scene shouted, "Officer's been shot! Officer's been shot!"Clad in a black jacket and a teal collared shirt, Johnson, now 50, sat expressionless at the defense table for much of the day.More than two dozen spectators, including Francis' widow, packed into the small gallery of Judge Thomas Gainer's Jr.'s courtroom at the Leighton Criminal Court Building as both sides in the case told jurors what the evidence would show at the trial.Assistant State's Attorney Charise Valente told the seven-man, five-woman jury that one officer responding to the call of a disturbance saw Johnson pointing the gun at Francis' head before he was shot. As many as three other officers saw her holding the weapon after the shooting, she said.Johnson was shot multiple times after she aimed the gun at the officers while taking cover behind Francis' patrol car, Valente said."She was going to shoot them," Valente told jurors.Johnson's blood was recovered from Francis' gun, Valente said.Max suggested to the jury that scientific evidence couldn't prove that Johnson fired Francis' gun. While gunshot residue was found on the officer's hands, it couldn't be determined if there was any on Johnson's, Max said."She never committed first-degree murder," Max told jurors. "She reacted the best she could while being slammed around."

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Jury finds cop killer guilty off to the gallos

A Cook County jury Wednesday found a South Side man guilty of murdering Chicago Police Officer Alejandro “Alex” Valadez in Englewood after 10 hours of deliberations.

Although Kevin Walker never fired from the car he was driving in the early morning of June 1, 2009, he positioned the vehicle so his two friends, Shawn Gaston and Christopher Harris, could get a good shot, State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez said in her closing arguments Tuesday.

Walker, 25, whose street nickname is “Killer Kev,” was also convicted of the attempted murder of Kelvin Thomas — the resident Valadez was interviewing when the plain-clothed officer was slain in the 6000 block of South Hermitage.

The jury returned their decision after being sequestered late Tuesday night.

Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy was in attendance as the verdict was read. After the verdict, Alvarez hugged Valadez’s family members.

Valadez, 27, and his partner were responding to a call of shots fired aimed at Walker and the two others when he was killed.

Valadez was “protecting” the three men. But the three men thanked the officer for his service with a hail of bullets as they tried to retaliate against their enemies, prosecutors said.

Two years ago, Alvarez also prosecuted Gaston in her first case since her 2008 election.

Gaston, 24, was convicted and is currently serving a 125-year prison term.

Closing arguments are expected in Harris’ trial before Cook County Judge Jorge Alonso later Wednesday.

In 2010, the Cook County state’s attorney’s office drafted and helped pass the “Valadez Law,” which mandates a prison sentence for unlawful possession of a firearm by a gang member.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

WWII Vets face criminal charges

This is an outrage!An “Honor Flight” (the charity that brings World War II vets to visit their memorials in Washington, DC for free) is planning on bringing World War II vets to visit their memorial in Washington this weekend. But with the government shutdown, not only is the trip being threatened with cancellation, but the government is threatening to ARREST any vet who tries to enter the memorial! This is after the fact that on Monday, October 1st, World War II vets knocked down barriers blocking the WW2 memorial so they could visit it, which was “closed” because of the government shutdown. Nevermind that this memorial is outdoors and never, ever has barriers around it – so why the need now?Honor Flight flys veterans to visit their memorials in Washington D.C. free of charge so they can see them. Most of these vets from the greatest generation have never seen the memorials built in their honor for saving the world from Nazi Germany and global tyranny.Northwest Ohio Honor Flight President Lee Armstrong said, ”We will make the call this Friday to determine if the flight is still a go, or if we will have to re-schedule.”When he contacted the parks service, he was told that if the veterans tried to gain access to the memorial, they would face arrest. “I said, are you kidding me? You’re going to arrest a 90/91-year-old veteran from seeing his memorial? If it wasn’t for them it wouldn’t be there. She said, ‘That’s correct sir.’” said Armstrong.When he asked for the parks service members name, the quickly hung up the phone.__________TOLEDO – In and around the Glass City, affects of the government shutdown can be seen at our museums, monuments, and national parks. The gates are closed and locked, denying access completely to the Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge.Transportation Safety Administration employees were still working at Toledo Express Airport on Monday, but when WNWO called the TSA to find out if they would be affected, there was a message that said the public relations representative did not have access to her voicemail or email due to the government shutdown.A letter from Rep. Marcy Kaptur’s (D-OH 9) office reads,”…only services deemed essential for the safety of human life and protection of property will be continued.”Yet, for a group of World War II veterans visiting the national memorial in Washington D.C., an all expense paid trip which is called an ”Honor Flight,” the shutdown was not stopping them from seeing the tribute that was inspired by them.“It just goes to show you why we won World War II,” says Honor Flight of Northwest Ohio President Lee Armstrong.Many elderly veterans, some in wheelchairs, broke through the barriers set up around the memorial, as police, park service employees, and tourists looked on. “The Germans and the Japanese couldn’t contain us. They weren’t going to let barriers contain them today. They wanted to see their memorial,” says Armstrong.Honor Flight of Northwest Ohio has a trip scheduled to depart from Toledo next Wednesday, October 9.“We will make the call this Friday to determine if the flight is still a go, or if we will have to re-schedule,” Armstrong explains.He says they are considering going ahead with the trip even if the government is still on shutdown, but when he called the parks service, he was told they would face arrest. “I said, are you kidding me? You’re going to arrest a 90/91-year-old veteran from seeing his memorial? If it wasn’t for them it wouldn’t be there. She said, ‘That’s correct sir.’”When Armstrong asked for her name, he says she did not give it to him and then promptly hung up the phone.99% of veterans on Honor Flights have never had the opportunity to see the memorial that is devoted to their service.Through October, the are over 35,000 veterans scheduled to visit the site, more than 900 in the next five days alone.It may all be waiting in limbo if the government can’t complete their job.- See more at: http://americanmilitarynews.com/2013/10/ww2-vets-face-arrest-for-visiting-their-memorial/#sthash.0uxTq6pQ.dpuf

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Comed ordered by court to hand out refund

http://fw.to/IiBH5Yh

Court orders ComEd to refund $37M in 6-year rate dispute
Crain's Chicago Business reports: ComEd has been ordered to refund $37 million to customers after a six-year dispute over the way a rate hike was calculated. The Illinois Appellate Court ruling from Sept. 27 action on Monday amounts to about $10 per delivery customer.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Obama shuts down our government

Congress plunged the nation into a partial government shutdown Tuesday as a protracted dispute over President Barack Obama's signature health care law reached a boiling point, forcing some 800,000 federal workers off the job.

Obama readied a midday statement to the nation as Democrats and Republicans maintained their blame-each-other duel on Capitol Hill.

Even as Obama prepared to meet with citizens signing up for his health care program and then make a lunch-hour speech in the Rose Garden, the White House cut back to a skeletal staff. The U.S. Capitol canceled tours not personally led by Congress members. "Closed" signs and barricades sprang up at the Lincoln Memorial, and national parks and federal workplaces across the country were following suit.

With the Republican-controlled House and Democratic-controlled Senate stalemated, it was unclear how long the shutdown -- and the loss of some government programs and services -- could last. The Senate early Tuesday rejected the House's call to form a negotiating committee to resolve the deadlock.

Moments after the vote, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., laid full blame on House Republicans, declaring, "The government is closed because of the irrationality of what's going on on the other side of the Capitol."

Obama communications director Jennifer Palmieri told MSNBC that the White House was open to changes in the health care law in future negotiations, but not as part of passing a budget bill. She compared that to negotiating with "a gun pointed to your head."

In the House, conservative Rep. Marsha Blackburn predicted the standoff would drag on if Obama and Senate Democrats refused to bargain.

"You may see a partial shutdown for several days," Blackburn, R-Tenn., told Fox News. "People are going to realize they can live with a lot less government."

The health care law itself was unaffected as enrollment opened Tuesday for millions of people shopping for medical insurance.

It was the first shutdown since a budget battle between Republicans in Congress and Democratic President Bill Clinton in the winter of 1995-1996.

Traffic was lighter and the subway less crowded in Washington Tuesday morning. The Smithsonian museums website displayed a red banner noting that "all Smithsonian museums and the National Zoo are closed." On the zoo's website, panda mom Mei Xiang could be seen snuggling with her weeks-old cub through the morning, until the feed was abruptly cut off around 8 a.m. Care of the animals will continue.

Agencies like NASA and the Environmental Protection Agency were being nearly shuttered. People classified as essential government employees -- such as air traffic controllers, Border Patrol agents and most food inspectors -- will continue to work.

U.S. embassies and consulates will continue to issue visas and service passports because these activities are supported by fees not subject to congressional appropriations, according to State Department officials.

The White House was operating with a skeletal staff, including household workers taking care of the first family's residence and presidential aides working in the West Wing. A groundskeeper working outside Tuesday morning at daybreak said he was doing the job normally handled by four workers.

Given the shutdown, White House officials were discussing whether President Barack Obama should change plans for a trip to Asia scheduled to begin Saturday.

The military will be paid under legislation freshly signed by Obama, but paychecks for other federal workers will be withheld until the impasse is broken. Federal workers were told to report to their jobs for a half-day but to perform only shutdown tasks like changing email greetings and closing down agencies' Internet sites.

The self-funded Postal Service will continue to operate and the government will continue to pay Social Security benefits and Medicare and Medicaid fees to doctors on time.

On Capitol Hill, lawmakers get to decide which of their staff members keep working and which are furloughed. Members of Congress will continue getting paid.

There were no "Closed" signs outside the Capitol or its adjacent visitor center early Tuesday warning tourists they would not be admitted for the usual tours. "That would be me," quipped one Capitol Police officer standing outside an entrance.

The Senate twice on Monday rejected House-passed bills that first sought to delay key portions of the 2010 "Obamacare" law, then to delay the law's requirement that millions of people buy medical insurance. The House passed the last version again early Tuesday naming negotiators for a Senate-House conference on the bill; Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said the same fate awaits that measure when the Senate reconvenes Tuesday morning.

"You don't get to extract a ransom for doing your job, for doing what you're supposed to be doing anyway, or just because there's a law there that you don't like," Obama said Monday, delivering a similar message in private phone calls later to Republican House Speaker John Boehner and other lawmakers.

Boehner said he didn't want a government shutdown, but added the health care law "is having a devastating impact. ... Something has to be done."

It wasn't clear how long the standoff would last, but it appeared that Obama and Reid had the upper hand.

"We can't win," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., adding that "sooner or later" the House would have to agree to Democrats' demands for a simple, straightforward funding bill reopening the government.

Another veteran Republican, Rep. Tom Cole of Oklahoma, called the shutdown "a big mistake." Interviewed on MSNBC, Cole called on House and Senate negotiations to end the impasse and insisted Democrats should yield on delaying the requirement that individual Americans have health coverage.

The order directing federal agencies to "execute plans for an orderly shutdown due to the absence of appropriations" was issued by White House Budget Director Sylvia Burwell shortly before midnight Monday.

Around the same time, Obama appeared in a video message assuring members of the military they'll be paid under a law he just signed and telling civilian Defense Department employees that "you and your families deserve better than the dysfunction we're seeing in Congress."

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Tuesday that Pentagon lawyers are trying to determine ways for some of the Defense Department's 400,000 furloughed civilians to continue working.

He bemoaned the standoff, telling reporters traveling with him in South Korea, "It does have an effect on our relationships around the world and it cuts straight to the obvious question: Can you rely on the United States as a reliable partner to fulfill its commitments to its allies?"

The underlying spending bill would fund the government through Nov. 15 if the Senate gets its way or until Dec. 15 if the House does.

Until now, such bills have been routinely passed with bipartisan support, ever since a pair of shutdowns 17 years ago engineered by then-Speaker Newt Gingrich severely damaged Republican election prospects and revived then-President Bill Clinton's political standing.

Boehner had sought to avoid the shutdown and engineer passage of a "clean" temporary spending bill for averting a government shutdown.

This time tea party activists mobilized by freshman Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, mounted a campaign to seize the must-do measure in an effort to derail Obamacare. GOP leaders voiced reservations and many Republican lawmakers predicted it wouldn't work. Some even labeled it "stupid."

But the success of Cruz and other tea party-endorsed conservatives who upset establishment GOP candidates in 2010 and 2012 primaries was a lesson learned for many Republican lawmakers going into next year's election.