FOX News Mike Flannery visits the Westmont Center to discuss pension reform. Watch FOX Chicago tonight at 9pm to hear my opposition to making the Democrats 67% income tax increase permanent too!
- Chris Cooper Seriously the state should be put on notice. All the huge companies on 294 94 Abbott, Baxter, takeda, Walgreens, pactiv, discover, Cdw, and many others do not have to stay in Illinois. They are not captive and can leave anytime. It's time the state understood that.
- Chris Cooper They benefit the state by employing thousands of people who pay taxes. Yet however, Illinois in supreme acts of stupidity raises taxes and makes it more difficult for those companies to do business in Illinois. The state govt needs to realize that business prosperity and a climate that attracts investment will make more wealth for Illinois then any tax increase implemented.
- Mark Weyermuller Kirk, I have a pension reform plan, start with eliminating them on all new hires (new employees starting today), they can have self directed iras or 401ks, start the process of getting government out of the pension business, Kirk, would you support this, yes or no?
- Kirk Dillard Chris, that is what I told FOX plus, the Democrats said it was "temporary"! They also want to kick the can down the road for another 50 years-yes 50 years- and cut our unfunded reserve requirement for 90% to 80%........ credit rating agencies will go nuts.
- Rich Egizii we're so outnumbered in the legislature and the senate due to the maddigan/cullerton illegal jerrymandering.... I see IDOTS budget has been cut in half for their resurfacing program. Yeah, they've concluded they dont need to resurface the INDOUND lanes...because people are only using the OUTBOUND lanes. State Farm is quietly moving to AZ, with all its call centers to begin with. Say good by to another Illinois company.