Monday, June 11, 2012

WWII veteran steped up to protect you now it is your turn to bring his attacker to justice the Sheriff & Chicago are asking for your help it is your patriotic duty to do so



















Chicago police have released surveillance video showing an elderly man being choked and robbed, and are asking for the public's help in identifying the two attackers.

The 86-year-old man was attacked on April 3. The video shows one of the robbers grabbing the man from behind and choking him and the other robber stealing money hidden in the man's shoe. As they run away, the door slams against the victim's head.

The victim told WGN Channel 9 he had run some errands, including stops at a bank and a currency exchange, and was jumped when he returned home.

"Next thing I knew someone grabbed me by neck and that was it," the man told the station.

The victim was treated at a hospital and released. He said he is thankful the attack wasn't worse.

"I just take it with a grain of salt and keep on stepping and I don't let that bother me because I've got my life, I can always get more money," he said.

Police believe the attackers fled in a silver 1996 Mercury Sable.

George McDade, with the Cook County Crimestoppers, said the group is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to arrests. "Look to the right, look to the left. These guys live by you. We want to know who they are," he said Sunday.

He urged anyone with information to call 1-800-535-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment