Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hotdog lady by day stripper by evening hooker by night gets locked up

Catherine Scalia appeared before a Nassau County judge Tuesday and pleaded guilty but she says she did nothing except sell hot dogs and strip.
"Why should I get arrested for prostitution if I'm going to show my cleavage in a bikini and sell hot dogs?" she said to reporters.
Scalia, 45, was all smiles when she spoke just minutes after she was released from Nassau County jail. Scalia yelled at reporters and made obscene gestures to cameras as she walked out.
"Sexy and I know it," she proclaimed.
Scalia spoke after pleading guilty to prostitution charges and was sentenced to seven days behind bars.
She was also ordered to complete a psychiatric evaluation.
"I'm not pleading guilty to being a prostitute. I'm pleading guilty to being a stripper," she said. "A stripper and a prostitute are two different things."
"The penal law says you're making an offer of sexual conduct or sexual acts in exchange for currency," said Nassau County Assistant District Attorney Carolyn Kelly. "That's the charge here, and that's what she pled guilty to as a matter of fact."
Authorities say Scalia sold hot dogs out of this trailer and offered sex acts to customers on the side at her East Rockaway home.
"I gave my business card to an undercover officer. He called me up and said 'you want to come to my house,' he came to mine," she said. "I start doing my dance. The next thing you know, the cuffs were on me, I was charged with prostitution."
As it turns out, Scalia was also arrested on prostitution charges eight years ago. Still, she said she plans to keep selling hot dogs -- and stripping.
"Come to the hot dog truck tomorrow, I'll have a bikini on, a nice hot pink one," she said. "And we'll take pictures in the hot dog truck."
Scalia's next court date is June 18, 2012. The judge told her if she fails to undergo a psychiatric evaluation before then she could face up to 60 days behind bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment